The Empress Buffer+ was designed to be the complete I/O interface for your pedalboard, while maintaining the highest fidelity to your guitar's signal.
Signal loss due to long, un-buffered cable runs is an issue that has plagued guitar players for decades. The primary goal of the Buffer+ is to eliminate this signal loss, ensuring that your tone is unchanged by your cables.
Additionally, all the connectivity of your pedalboard is consolidated to make set up quick and easy. The Buffer+ also has a very handy set of features to make your life easier. Noise filters, input pads, switchable clean boost and input loading are all powerful tools available on the Buffer+.
- All Analog Signal Path - no digitals here!
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5 in x 2.5 in x 1.5 in, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Tuner Out - Separate tuner output keeps your tuner out of the audio path.
- Complete I/O - All the connections to your pedalboard consolidated in one place. Makes setup and teardown quick and easy.
- Switchable Boost - Dial in up to 30dB of clean boost and switch on and off with the soft touch foot switch.
- Tuner Mute - Hold the footswitch for a second and mute the amp output for tuning.
- Noise Filters - Similar to Dolby's noise filter technology, choose between 2 different noise filters to remove any unwanted noise from your effects chain.
- Input Pad - Pad or boost the input by 3dB. Great for matching outputs of different guitars, reducing really hot active pickup signal or boosting the signal to your effects to improve signal to noise ratio.
- Input Loading - Load down your pickups a little, a lot or not at all. It's up to you.
Input Impedance 10k - 1Meg Output Impedance 510 Ω Frequency Response (-3dB) 5Hz - 40kHz Power Input Voltage 9V DC (Negative tip) Power Input Connector 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip) Power Consumption 86mA Total Harmonic Distortion 0.02% Signal to Noise Ratio 105.3dB Headroom +9.4dBu Enclosure Material Die Cast Aluminum Input connectors 1/4" Jack Output connectors 1/4" Jack Height (enclosure) 1.25 in Height with controls 2 in Length 4.5 in Width 2.5 in Weight 0.5 lbs